Ringing in the New Year is always loaded with friends, family and fun. Parties are thrown, music is turned up load and resolutions are written down. With all the Key West Historic Seaport has to offer, it’s the best place to achieve your resolutions, but in an adventurous way. Step out of your comfort zone this year and finally check everything off of your New Year’s resolution list as COMPLETED. Check out these 7 adventurous ways to achieve your 2018 resolutions.
1. Health | Meet your own personal health goals by registering for the many marathons, half marathons and races that take place in Key West. Whether you walk or run, finish or stop halfway, you’re on your way to making your health resolution a reality. One of the first races of the New Year is the Key West Half Marathon & 5k on January 14, 2018. More information on this event can be found here. For those who are avid runners and are looking for a new and fun way to continue improving their health, the 37th annual 7 Mile Bridge Run is the race for you. This annual event will be on April 14, 2018 and is the only known run that is completely surrounded by water from start to finish. Carry out your health resolution and register to run the longest bridge in the Florida Keys.
2. Travel | Traveling more often is a resolution that many have but find difficult to follow through with. The Key West Historic Seaport is the place where you could experience all of Key West in one day or an entire week. Whether you seek thrilling water adventures, local foods to immerse yourself in or to explore unique shops, the Historic Seaport is your go-to destination for your next vacation. There are many ways to travel to Key West. You could fly, drive or sail in on a cruise ship or aboard the Key West Express from Marco Island or Fort Myers Beach.
3. Spend Less. Save More. | Spending money on the things you need is important and spending money on the things you want is not always a priority when you’re trying to save. If you live in the Miami-Dade or Broward County area, an inexpensive option of getting to Key West is on the Miami to Key West Bus. You’ll enjoy the beautiful scenery and relax on your way to the Florida Keys. The motor coach bus is equipped with wifi, restrooms and other amenities. There are multiple pick-up locations from a variety of hotels in Miami and one-way and round-trip tickets available. For a list of pick-up locations and times, please visit miamitokeywest.com. Traveling expenses can add up quickly, so consider this transportation option when planning your next trip to Key West to stick to your resolution.
4. Family Time | Spending quality time with family is sometimes easier said than done when work, school and other obligations get in the way. When everyone’s schedule aligns and there’s time for a quick family getaway, why not make it count? The Historic Seaport is a family-friendly environment with plenty of activities for both adults and kids to enjoy. Learn something new at any of our museums or take the kids to what TripAdvisor rated #2 out of 180 things to do in Key West, the Dry Tortuga National Park. The best way to get to get there is by taking the Yankee Freedom III, the official ferry of Dry Tortugas National Park. There is something for everyone at the Historic Seaport!
5. New Hobby | It’s a New Year and the perfect time to find a new hobby. Have you considered making fishing your next sport? Some of the most knowledgeable fishermen dock their boats at the marina right at the Historic Seaport. They’re ready to take you on an incredible fishing excursion to catch snappers, tarpon, barracudas, and so much more. 2018 is a great year to try something new, like fishing. If you’re in need of gear, check out Key West Bait & Tackle. This shop has your bait, hooks, reels and of course signature Key West Bait & Tackle t-shirts, hats, cups and towels. Learn how to fish like the pros down here at the Key West Historic Seaport!
6. More Adventures | Fill your soul with new adventures this year. Sour high in the sky on a parasail or dive deep into the water scuba diving. Check out all of these water sport excursions that will get your adrenaline pumping and another resolution checked off your list:
- Scuba Diving
- Jet Skiing
- Eco Tours
7. Be Happy | Make time for yourself and do more of what makes you happy. Would a vacation make you happy? Would quality time with your family make you happy? Would relaxing on a boat watching the Key West sunset make you happy? It’s 2018 and you deserve to BE HAPPY! Let the Historic Seaport be your new happy place this year. Water sports, sunset sails, waterfront dining, harborwalk strolls, shopping and so much more awaits you at the Key West Historic Seaport!
It’s just the start of 2018 and your resolution list is looking a little bit long. Start accomplishing what you set your New Year’s goals to be by taking a new adventure by traveling to the Historic Seaport in sunny Key West, Florida!
Key West Historic Seaport: Your Gateway to Everything Key West!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Yelp | TripAdvisor | Web